If you suffer from depression, having several things to do can feel like you have a mountain to climb all on your own, with no help whatsoever. It doesn’t even matter if they are small things as depression makes you turn molehills into mountains. It can feel completely overwhelming resulting in procrastination, where you keep putting things off, or shutdown, where you can’t cope and you just sleep.
Even if you don’t suffer from depression, you may find the following beneficial.
If you have too many things to do, here are 12 tips that may help you:
- Ask a relative or friend to help you to deal with them.
- Write them down in order of importance and deal with the most important one first, then work through the rest of the list gradually.
- Do any tasks that will not take long to complete so you can cut down on how much you have left to do.
- Break each task down into several steps to make it easier to manage.
- Whenever you complete a task or step of a task, celebrate with a victory dance. It’s best if it’s a silly one so it makes you laugh. When you associate completing a task with feeling good, you will find it easier to get things done.
- Get expert help if any of the tasks are too complicated for you or are outside your knowledge base.
- Take several slow, deep breaths to keep calm and centred.
- Have a cup of tea to calm down.
- Take a walk to clear your head. When you move, it changes how you feel.
- Notice what you are saying to yourself, in your mind. If you are panicking, you will be telling yourself that you can’t cope. Each time you notice a negative message, turn it around into something positive.
- Read lists of positive affirmations to make yourself feel more capable.
- Watch videos of positive affirmations. You don’t even have to read the affirmations as your subconscious mind will do that for you.
Affirmations are very good at changing your mood, particularly if you see lots of them, one after another, combined with pretty pictures to hold your interest. This is exactly the method we are using to create our affirmation videos. Sign up to our mailing list on our home page to hear whenever a new video is released and receive your free affirmation guide plus 30 days of affirmations. We also have a number of affirmation products available to buy.